Skid mounted units are economical, and include safety equipment such as a static reel and fire extinguisher. The Seraphin® Series J is a graduated neck, bottom drain vessel built to N.I.S.T. Handbook 105-3 Standards, OIML R-120, Measurement Canada and API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards Chapter 4. The Series J prover, when mounted on a skid becomes an efficient method for measuring home heating oil, diesel oil or other meters requiring a medium flow rates from 40 gpm (150 lpm) to 125 gpm (500 lpm).
- Built to NIST Handbook 105-3 Standards, OIML R-120 and API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Chapter 4
- Manufactured of Series 304 Stainless Steel, which resists ordinary rusting, can be easily cleaned, resists organic chemicals, no slag and requires no internal coating. Series 316 stainless steel is available upon request
- Calibration By Standards Traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Graduated Neck with scale that is sealed
- A butterfly valve is standard with the drain at the center point. This is the most versatile unit for use in the field whether emptying into tank, using a pump or gravity discharge. A ball valve is optional. It is used mostly in laboratory applications or where special application exists. The drain would then proceed at a 7 degree decline with the ball valve near the perimeter of the prover
- Reinforcing bands to prevent distortion of prover when full with liquid and when being transported
- Two spirit levels with seals are used as level indicators for provers more than 18” diameter, otherwise a circular bulls- eye level is installed.
- Two Lifting Loops are attached to top band of prover
- Standard capacities are available from 5 Gallon/20 Liter to 1500 Gallon / 5000 Liter. Call for special volumes.
- All Stainless Steel Provers
- Steel or Aluminum skid
- Three Bolt down - Adjustable Crank Legs to level prover
- Stainless Steel hinged locking cover for top of neck
- Another cover is extended to protect the Gauge Glass from accidental breakage and can be secured with a lock for safety.
- Sight flow indicator for ob- serving fluid flow down- stream of the shut-off valve.
The Seraphin® VRP® 5 Gallon Vapor Retention Prover is a graduated neck, bottom drain vessel built to N.I.S.T. Handbook 105-3 Standards, OIML R-120, Measurement Canada and API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards Chapter 4. Using Seraphin's ® 5 Gallon VRP® can speed the job of calibrating multiple fuel dispensing units, while at the same time, enhancing safety and productivity. It eliminates the need to carry heavy measures filled with fuel, while tripling the amount of meters tested as compared to the traditional hand held units.
The VRP® has a cap mounted on its neck that creates a seal around the dispenser nozzle as the prover is filled and drained. A vent line is fitted from the top of the prover to the product holding tank on which the prover is mounted. The neck is sealed with a flapper and boot to prevent evaporation and retain saturated air during the drain-fill cycle. The volume standard, holding tank and vent line configuration is such that when the prover is drained, the air in the storage tank, which is saturated with gasoline vapor, is drawn through the vent line into the prover, thereby maintaining a saturated environment within the prover. The VRP® is available with two different ball joints: a Flanged Ball Joint that is bolted to a tank and a Commercial Ball Joint that uses a 2 inch NPT pipe for those companies who wish to build their own holding tank configurations.
Seraphin® has many accessories designed for specific applications:
- Stainless Steel "top loading-submerged fill" pipe passes through the upper cone and extends to the bottom cone, reducing foaming while filling, ideal when working with diesel products
- Stainless Steel hinged locking cover for top of neck to prevent contamination or damage during transportation. The cover is extended to protect the Gauge Glass from accidental breakage and can be secured with a lock for safety. Necessary if you’re going to make your prover mobile.
- A vapor recovery package consists of vapor recovery piping from the upper portion of the neck and a protective pressure/vacuum vent cover. Required in some terminal applications.
- Optical overflow sensors that prevent product from accidentally spilling. Needed in some terminals.
- A bottom loading fill with an API coupling for products that require an adaptor to mate with a loading arm.
- A coupling for Aviation Fuel Bottom fill pipe equipped with Dry Break Valve and 2 1/2" ANPT Female by 2 1/2" bayonet flange. This is used for aviation fueling applications.